Thursday 3 July 2014

My favourite books.


Hi! So I recently went on a book shopping spree, which urged me to want to go back and have a look through my favourite books, I thought I would share and recommend them on here too! 



1) The book of Lost Things - John Connolly


This book took a while for me to get into but when I did, I was hooked! Its an amazing tale about a boy that finds a secret world at the bottom of his garden during WW1 times and gets stuck there. In the real world he used to be able to connect with books and even hear them talking. The story follows him trying to get back to his father, step-mum and baby half-sister. The tale is gripping and I enjoyed it very much.

2) Death Note - Tsugumi Ohba

I love manga and anime so I couldn't have this post without at least one manga book, Death Note. There are a series of these books, which are in Japanese comic form. The story follows Light Yagami, who picks up a note book (Death Note) which has instructions on how to use. The books have characters that make you laugh and stories that are VERY clever (There's kind of a Japanese Sherlock in the book too, yay!) If you were looking to start reading manga I would definitely recommend Death Note as a starting point.

3) The Perks of Being A Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
THIS BOOK!!! I love it SO MUCH! The story (for me) is so relatable and I absolutely love how the book is just a series of letters to a mysterious person, of whom we never learn anything about. I think this book has at least one character someone could relate to which is why I think this is a perfect book for any teenager to read. 

4) The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon
 I read this book a few years ago but the story stuck with me. This book deals with many different themes and relationships and has a unique style to it which I just adore. The story is very beautiful and I believe this has been turned into a production at the theatre (which I would LOVE to see).

5) Billy and Me - Giovanna Fletcher

This book has wonderful characters, a very lovely setting and a beautiful story. I adored this book from start to finished and I literally could not put it down! There are many twists and turns which keep you engaged and the main character, Sophie, is just someone that you want as a friend! A very lovely tale.

I have a few more favourite books but I shall keep them for another post! I hope you enjoyed reading this. 

What are your favourite books? Let me know!

Bye for now. :)

2 comments:

  1. The Curious Incident is one of my favourite books too! It's so lovely... we should go and see it! Might read the Perks of Being a Wallflower after reading this now! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! If its still on we definitely should!! :D you must read Perks! I'll lend it to you if you want! x

      Delete